Today we went to the marché, which is the French farmers' market. There were vegetables, fruit, cheese, bread and more. We even saw a woman playing an accordion and a man making baskets. On the way
back to the apartment Lucas took the groceries and the lead. Mom let him and he chose which way to go. A man came by and said to mom (in French of course) "So he is content doing the job of the mother" meaning that Lucas was the one pulling the groceries and leading us around town. We all laughed and mom started telling Lucas where to go to get us home (as we were all getting tired and a little hungry). Now mom has to keep telling me to stop eating so much fruit!
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
Publié par Anna à l'adresse 4:27 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 commentaires:
This reminds me of my first Thanksgiving in France. Remember scouring the markets for a farmer that would sell us a Turkey? Rabbits, weird upland game birds, giant severed pigs heads, strange meat peices stuffed into animal intestine, but not a delicious Turkey in all of Melun.
I remember that so well. But we did end up finding a turkey leg, right? Didn't we? And we made a heckuva dinner with Elder Jensen. Elder W. stayed in his room all day, and then came out for the feast! Good memories! I think I made mousse au chocolat that day...
i thought we ended up cooking the biggest chicken we could find. we did talk to a farmer that offered to sell us his turkey, but we'd have to ride our bikes out and bring it's bloody carcass back on our backs. I do remember the mousse. I'd been in France for about three weeks.
I think your right Steve. I get such things mixed up, as you know. I DO remember eating well that day, Thanksgiving 1987.
Post a Comment